Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How do I specify the timeout of the requests at scanner?

Asuka | Last updated: Feb 04, 2021 02:51AM UTC

On the scanner tool, I want to skip the request that's waiting over 10sec for the response. I tried to specify the timeout at "Project options > Connections > Timeouts". However, it looks not be applied at the requests via scanner. Could you teach me how to cope with it?

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 04, 2021 09:07AM UTC

Hi Asuka, Are you trying to change the timeout during the crawl? Or the audit?

Asuka | Last updated: Feb 04, 2021 10:39AM UTC

Thank you for replying. I restarted the BurpSuite and created a new scanner after I changed the timeout. However, the situation didn't change. Please teach me if there is anything I should try.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 04, 2021 11:00AM UTC

Can you please email support@portswigger.net with the information below? - A screenshot of the settings you have under Project options > Connections > Timeouts - Where is the response blocking? - Scan configuration you are using Some scan checks essentially override the settings you have set in Timeouts. It depends if the scan check wants a timeout, in which case the one set in the scan check will be used. If not, the one under Timeouts will be used.

Asuka | Last updated: Feb 04, 2021 12:21PM UTC

I will email you with the information. Thank you.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.