Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How Do I resolve "java.lang.Exception: Extension class is not a recognized type" error?

hs | Last updated: Mar 18, 2023 11:06AM UTC

Hi, I am new to Burp Suite. I downloaded "JWT Editor" extension from the BApp Store and add it to Burp Suite in "Extensions" tab, but Burp Suite outputs an error below: --- java.lang.Exception: Extension class is not a recognized type at burp.ffq.W(Unknown Source) at burp.ffq.P(Unknown Source) at burp.yfb.Q(Unknown Source) at burp.yyz.o(Unknown Source) at burp.doo.lambda$panelLoaded$0(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) --- System - Java version 19 - Burp Suite Community Edition v2023.2.3 How do I fix this error? Thank you.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 20, 2023 05:24PM UTC

Hi, Just to clarify, have you obtained a .bapp file from the BApp Store for this particular extension? If so, are you installing this via the Extensions -> BApp Store -> Manual install button or somewhere else?

hs | Last updated: Mar 21, 2023 09:57AM UTC

Thank you for your reply. I resolved this. I opened Extensions -> BApp Store and installed JWT Editor in Burp Suite, and it worked. The reason for the error was that I tried to add Extensions from Extensions -> installed tab because I missed Extensions -> BApp Store tab. Thank you for your help.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.