Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How do I extend Burp's Search functionality to look for text maintained by my plugin?

sherlock | Last updated: Sep 15, 2023 03:39AM UTC

I have developed a plugin that encodes/decodes the traffic to/from an web app. The web app in question uses a custom encoding making it impossible to search inside the POST request bodies. I can extend my plugin or develop another Logger-like plugin that maintains a list of decoded requests. Is there any way to extend Burp's default search to look into the decoded requests from my plugin? I am trying to avoid reimplementing a Search myself to cut down on the engineering effort. Any alternative suggestion is also welcome.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 15, 2023 10:53AM UTC

Hi Would using your extension to add comments to flag interesting requests, which you could then search for in Burp search, allow you to achieve a similar goal?

sherlock | Last updated: Sep 15, 2023 02:37PM UTC

How do I add comments to requests?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 18, 2023 08:39AM UTC

You can add comments (or annotations) via the HttpHandler and the ProxyRequestHandler/ProxyResponseHandler. If you need to add comments retrospectively, you can get items from the Proxy History or Site map and then add comments.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.