Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How do I change the default URL Scope for default scans

Chris | Last updated: Aug 27, 2020 11:37AM UTC

I want to change the default URL scope for the standard "Live passive crawl" and "Live audit" tasks from Everything to Suite scope. I've change the "scope_option" setting in my project options JSON for "live_active_scanning" and "live_passive_scanning", but it still defaults to Everything. Is there a way to change these defaults?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 28, 2020 05:50AM UTC

Are you clicking on the settings cog on the task in the Dashboard view to change the scope?

Chris | Last updated: Aug 28, 2020 09:13AM UTC

Hi Liam. Yes, that's what I'm doing. I have to remember to do it for each project (and I usually forget until part way through). Is there a better way to do it?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 01, 2020 10:49AM UTC

If you use the Target > Scope tab and use the cog here to load and save options, would this help your use case?

Chris | Last updated: Sep 02, 2020 10:34AM UTC

Hi Liam. I don't think so, as the scope changes per project, and the scanners would still be defaulting to "everything" regardless of what the scope is. I already have a common project options JSON file which pre-populates some hosts into the scope. Thanks

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 04, 2020 11:45AM UTC

The functionality you're looking for isn't currently available. I've added a note to our development backlog to consider this feature request.

Chris | Last updated: Sep 10, 2020 09:17AM UTC

Thanks Liam, much appreciated :)

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.