Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How do I Backup Burp Extenders?

Wen | Last updated: Dec 01, 2017 02:04AM UTC

How do I backup Extenders only? When restoring an old state or someone else's state, it tends to revert/change all my currently installed extenders to whatever it was captured in that particular state. After which I restore my own recent state (with my own installed extenders), it doesn't help. The "restoration" seems to be one-way only. Not sure if this is a bug or feature, but is there any advise on how to workaround this? Thanks.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 01, 2017 11:15AM UTC

Hi Wen, Thanks for getting in touch. This is an area that is undergoing change. Since 1.7.28 Burp no longer loads or saves configuration with state files. This is part of our long-term plan to replace state files with project files. Prior to 1.7.28 you could select what tools you wanted to save/restore. If your case, deselecting the Extender tool would have avoided this issue. With project files, Extender configuration is NOT saved with the project. This is a user option that is saved in ~/.BurpSuite on your local system. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Burp User | Last updated: Dec 01, 2017 05:01PM UTC

Hi Paul, Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, I noticed the change on that part. I used to workaround this problem by saving a project state with only my extenders, so I simply just have to load this state to restore them as and when they get messed up by other states/projects. Anyway, based on what you shared, I should be able to back up my Extenders by saving user options. I will give it a shot and see how it goes. Thanks again!!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.