Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How can I set a shortcut to clear whole http history

Daniel | Last updated: Oct 12, 2022 11:56AM UTC

Hi PortSwigger, I wonder how I could create a shortcut to be able to clear the whole http-history Many thanks in advance Regards

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 13, 2022 09:18AM UTC

Hi There is no hotkey to delete all items in the Proxy History in one go. However, you could select all items in the Proxy History (using control/command + A), and then use a hotkey to "Delete item(s)". This should allow you to delete all items in one go, with minimal mouse usage.

Daniel | Last updated: Oct 13, 2022 11:00AM UTC

Ok thanks for the reply!

wof | Last updated: Jan 07, 2023 06:07AM UTC

Right click > clear history I wish there's a keyboard shortcut for this too. Not only to clear history, but also to clear Dashboard "Issue Activity" as well in a single click button or keyboard shortcut. Right now, I have to close Burp and reopen it just to get it running fresh without any activities. So, a keyboard shortcut and dedicated menu to clear everything would be good.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 09, 2023 11:21AM UTC

Hi The "Dashboard > Issue activity" panel is a record of all issues found by Burp. It uses the "Site Map" as a source of truth for whether an issue has been previously reported. Once deleted from the issue activity panel, would you expect re-found issues to be re-reported? If you were to delete items from the issue activity panel, would you expect them to be deleted from the site map as well? If you could better filter items in the issue activity panel, would that help with your use case?

Manuel | Last updated: Feb 16, 2023 06:12PM UTC

Is it possible to disable the "Confirm" pop up box, after you choose to delete something from the Proxy history?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 17, 2023 05:16PM UTC

Hi. Sorry, it is not possible to disable the confirm checkbox.

ckid | Last updated: Mar 24, 2024 06:11PM UTC

This is not the best ux. When deleting items this also has a confirmation box. Burp needs an option to disable this useless confirmations for those that know what they are doing. And Right click > clear history needs a hotkey option. Please consider this. Very important.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 25, 2024 01:37PM UTC

Hi Thanks for your feedback! We've added your +1s to our ongoing feature requests for this functionality. If there's anything else we can help with, then please let us know.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.