Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How can I automatically Log issues reported for a host in target map.

Bhaskar | Last updated: Jul 08, 2021 06:03AM UTC

I would like to log issues reported for a host under target map to a file. I need the details of the traffic into a file same like the way burp reporting under issue category. Issue: severity: confidence: host: request: response: Could you please let me know if it is possible to do and if there are any existing burp extender for this.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 09, 2021 08:04AM UTC

Hi Bhaskar, Just to confirm, does creating a Burp report give you the information that you require? If you right click the host that you are interested in within the Site map and then select Issues -> Report issues for this host from the resulting context menu this should bring up the Burp Reporting Wizard. From here you can create a report that details all of the vulnerabilities and associated information that have been found on that particular host.

Bhaskar | Last updated: Jul 12, 2021 05:20AM UTC

Hi Ben, I want to do this automatically like the way logging under project options -> misc works. I want to log all the issues reported for a specific host into a file automatically without any manual steps. Thanks, Bhaskar

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 15, 2021 07:25AM UTC

Hi Bhaskar, Unfortunately, this functionality is not available in native Burp and the closest thing we have available, as noted, is to create a vulnerability report against the host. This should, however, be something that can be carried out through use of our extension API if you wanted to write an extension to cover this type of functionality yourself. In addition, there is an existing Burp extension, that passes issues discovered by Burp to either stdout or an ElasticSearch database - you might be able to use or adapt this for your needs: https://portswigger.net/bappstore/8493f7ae00aa4e01b6ffbbd1b8381ccc

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.