Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

highlighted / focused request loose focus in proxy history when new requests arrive

Alex | Last updated: Jun 27, 2024 01:10PM UTC

In a recent update to Burp, the current selected request in the HTTP history looses focus when new requests arrive. This can be a bit frustrating as we can no longer select a request and use the arrow keys to jump to the next request as this would select the very first request at the top of the history every time a new request arrives and the currently selected request looses focus.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 27, 2024 01:23PM UTC

Hi Alex Could you tell me the specific version of Burp that you are currently using?

Alex | Last updated: Jun 28, 2024 10:27AM UTC

Yes I'm using Burp Suite Professional v2024.5.4 (Linux x64) On Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS

Alex | Last updated: Jun 28, 2024 10:33AM UTC

I just checked and I'm not seeing this issue on v2024.5.4 for "macOS (Apple Silicon)"

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 01, 2024 12:37PM UTC

Hi Thanks for that information. I've tried replicating this issue across a couple of different OS's, but have not successfully managed this. Is this happening every time, for any traffic that passes through Burp, or is it just happening for requests that have large responses, or some other common feature? Would it be possible to drop us an email at support@portswigger.net with a screen recording of the issue, along with your diagnostics details (Help > Diagnostics)? Do you have any custom filters applied to your Proxy History table?

Alex | Last updated: Jul 08, 2024 09:14AM UTC

I went to Help -> Clean Burp from computer, selected all the check boxes and then restarted Burp and reactivated my license. Now it seems to work again. Not sure what caused the issues, but this fixed it.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 08, 2024 12:16PM UTC

I'm glad to hear that this is resolved for you - if you do encounter this again, then please let us know.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.