Burp Suite User Forum

Login to post

Hide From Proxy - Right-Click Option

Ryan | Last updated: Jun 29, 2020 03:21PM UTC

It would be extremely useful to have a right-click option of 'Prevent Burp From Proxying' that could auto-regex a domain and remove it from showing up in proxy history (or any other tools). When testing a site with trackers they can clutter the proxy history view when viewing all requests. I have resorted to adding domains to the TLS passthrough list so I can keep the proxy history showing all items, in-case of out-of-scope domain requests I might not otherwise notice occur, and keep the history from showing tons of tracker requests. Just like with 'Add to Scope' an easy way to prevent pesky domains from showing up in the proxy history would be quite useful. (and still maintain the 'view showing all items') Thanks, Ryan

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 29, 2020 03:48PM UTC

Hi Ryan, Have you considered enabling 'Don't send items to Proxy history or live tasks, if out of scope' under Proxy > Options > Miscellaneous? Is your suggestion to have an 'exclude from scope' option in the context menu that automatically adds a domain to the 'Exclude from scope' option under Target > Scope? If you use advanced scope control, you should be able to paste in a URL at it will automatically configure the regex for you.

You need to Log in to post a reply. Or register here, for free.