Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Hash responses/request

Manuel | Last updated: Sep 23, 2015 09:21PM UTC

Hello, Sometimes I need to compare responeses (or requests). Any minor change is interesting. Maybe 95% of the answers are the same (thousands of requests), sometimes length doesn't vary. Hashing will make detecting changes faster. Also, hashing (or similar method) can be useful for detecting changes in some parts. For example, I use Intruder, 99% of the page is the same, anyhow my payload appear (in error, reference or something), so I can't use length to find useful requests. Hashing, or marking what is to be ignored of changed, etc. can be of GREAT help. Also, some more advanced/easy integration with anti-CSRF in intruder may be helpful. Another nice feature may be like "error detection" in intruder and pause the attack. Some of those errors give a code 200, but with the body you can notice. Cheers!

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 24, 2015 08:27AM UTC

Thanks for this feature request. We have a request logged in our backlog to add a "hash" column in the Intruder results, which will hash the body (or, optionally, just the HTML tag structure) so that you can identify same/different responses other than via the response length.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.