Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Hackvertor Display issues

Jonathan | Last updated: Jul 07, 2022 07:10PM UTC

Hello! Long time Burp user. I discovered Hackvertor a while back and love the idea of it. I struggle to use it longer term because of a display issue I seem to be having and have tried various things to fix it :( - intel chip Mac OS Monterey - Burp Pro 2022.7 - Latest hackverter from the bapp store - Only other extensions I usually have on are content-type convertor, taborator, pwnfox, active scan++, and BSPS. Steps to repro: Let's say I wanna do something simple like URL encode something on the fly. 1) turn hackvertor on 2) I get a fresh request to repeater 3) Hit the hackvertor tab inside the repeater tab 4) Highlight stuff you wanna encode 5) press urlencode or anything really 6) Doesn't happen every time but it happens very often. After sending the request, and maybe resizing the response side of the window, the hackvertor input on the left goes haywire. SOmetimes the text altogether disappears, sometimes it looks like there is now a third, clickable tab in the request side of the window. Wasnt sure how to attach a file to this initial message so here is a screenshot in my dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/quh7wn7qxfzhjue/Screen%20Shot%202022-07-07%20at%203.09.35%20PM.png?dl=0

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 08, 2022 09:52AM UTC

Hi If you don't have any other extensions enabled, do you still experience this issue? Could you drop us an email at support@portswigger.net with your diagnostics information? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp.

Jonathan | Last updated: Jul 08, 2022 06:48PM UTC

Yup, confirmed that it occurs with Hackvertor as the only loaded extension. I've sent you an email with my burp diagnostics info. Thank you!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.