Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Getting the below error message only when I connect through Burp proxy, happens for all sites

Rui | Last updated: May 14, 2023 04:50PM UTC

I HAVE generated the Burp certificate and loaded it in to the browser (Firefox, Burp and Chrome) - problem persists. Yelp! The 'peer' in this case would be the Burp Proxy listener. Thanks. Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to xxx. Peer’s certificate has an invalid signature. Error code: SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 15, 2023 08:52AM UTC

Hi Sorry, you have been experiencing issues with the certificates. It could be that the certificate has not been installed properly. Could try removing all instances of the certificate from your machine and downloading a clean instance and reinstalling it? If the issue persists, please send a screenshot displaying your certificate installed in your browser’s cert auth settings to support@portswigger.net Additionally, Burp does have a built-in browser that allows you to visit and interact with websites just like you would with any other browser. Documentation on that can be found here: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/tools/burps-browser#:~:text=To%20launch%20Burp's%20browser%2C%20go,would%20with%20any%20other%20browser.

Rui | Last updated: May 18, 2023 05:00PM UTC

I have removed all instances of the certificate from the machine and downloaded a clean instance and reinstalled it, multiple times now? Using the built-in browser has the same effect - connections just timeout. Normal connections, without Burp Proxy, work ok. I have sent the certificate screenshot separately with the title "Getting the below error message only when I connect through Burp proxy, happens for all sites (Dominyque)" R

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 19, 2023 06:59AM UTC

Hi Thank you, I will reply to your email.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.