Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

GET request to "https://boligportal.dk" - Error: Received fatal alert: no_application_protocol

Alex | Last updated: Apr 26, 2021 09:58AM UTC

*Info* Am using: Burp Suite Community Edition version: v2021.4.2 From Postman I can see that the cipher used in the GET request is: "ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256", which I can confirm is also enabled in Burp Suite, under Project options -> TLS -> 'Use custom protocols and ciphers' -> TLS Ciphers *Motivation* (useless info) I'm currently working on an unofficial app for "www.boligportal.dk", and noticed that they recently changed their API. I'm able to successfully perform GET requests from Postman, but the POST results in code 500. *The problem* I'm now trying to use Burp Suite, to poke around with the requests from browser, but I'm unable to even load the frontpage, using the build-in chromium browser. The pageload results in Error: Received fatal alert: no_application_protocol. Any ideas for how I can resolve this issue?

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 26, 2021 10:37AM UTC

Hi Alex, It looks like your issue is occurring as a result of HTTP/2 now being enabled by default in Burp. You can disable it under Project options > HTTP > HTTP/2. I have tested it and your site does load without HTTP/2 enabled.

Cadwell, | Last updated: Apr 27, 2021 05:54PM UTC

I have the same issue. However, I don't have an "HTTP" or "HTTP/2" under project options. There is a restore defaults, and then All, Target, Proxy, etc....nothing specific to HTTP or HTTP/2.

Cadwell, | Last updated: Apr 27, 2021 07:41PM UTC

Disregard. I resolved my issue. I was looking at the main menu bar (project > project options > ...) However, the setting was within the sub-menu/tab "project options > HTTP (tab) > HTTP/2" Once disabled, everything came back online and is working properly for this site/project.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 28, 2021 08:24AM UTC

Hi Matt, Thanks for the feedback! Good to hear that you managed to resolve your issue.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.