Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

generating report

Iftikher | Last updated: Apr 17, 2016 06:13AM UTC

Hi ! I`m very new user of burp suite. i`m using burpsuite professional. I scanned my target address & generated my scanned report form target->sitemap->issue . But there`s a problem i faced that i could`nt open it either type html or xml file. please help me out. Thanks in advance....

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 18, 2016 08:11AM UTC

Hi Iftikher Thanks for your message. What are you using to open your reports? Have you tried using your browser to open the html version?

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 18, 2016 11:24AM UTC

Hi Yes I tried both html and xml version. But couldnt open any of that after exporting the report.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 18, 2016 12:03PM UTC

Hi Iftikher Which application/s did you use to attempt to open the report?

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 19, 2016 04:48AM UTC

Hi Liam Thanks a lot for the co ordination. No I did`tn use any application. Please suggest me which application should i use for generating report. Thank you......

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 19, 2016 08:45AM UTC

Hi Iftikher Try opening the html version in your browser.

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 19, 2016 09:54AM UTC

Hi Liam First of all thanks a lot for keeping patience on me.I have already tried the html version. But failed to open report. May be i`m missing some key points. Can you help me out please.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 19, 2016 09:58AM UTC

Hi Iftikher The process to open the file is something like: Right click on the file, select "Open with...", and chose a web browser to open the file. Have you tried this?

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 03, 2018 11:36AM UTC

Hi , I am sathish. Me also facing the same issue when i opening the exported report as you mentioned above browser just view html tags instead of formatted report Thanks in advance.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 03, 2018 12:44PM UTC

Sathish, which browser and operating system are you using?

Burp User | Last updated: Nov 27, 2018 09:13AM UTC

I can open the report that generated by burp suite professional. You can go to the folder where the report located. You only found the filename with unidentified extension file. Change the extension file to <filename>.html Open in browser Done

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.