Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Freezing application when using JWT Extension when trying to signing a key

Ali | Last updated: Dec 11, 2022 01:21AM UTC

Hi, I use JWT Edioter Key Extension, when I'm trying to sign a new symmetric key direct into request, the whole application freezing and no response. Any tips to fix this? My system: Windows 10 - 64bit

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 12, 2022 10:44AM UTC

Hi Could you drop us an email at support@portswigger.net with your diagnostics information? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp. Could you also include some steps to reproduce this issue so we can try and replicate this in our environment? Are you testing an Academy lab or a different web application?

Mike | Last updated: Dec 22, 2022 01:59PM UTC

note I'm seeing similar problems with the JWT Editor: https://forum.portswigger.net/thread/bug-jwt-editor-sign-dialog-broke-can-t-apply-key-to-edited-jwt-bd836258

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 22, 2022 02:18PM UTC

Hi We're going through the steps you listed in your other forum post to see if we can replicate the issue. So far, we're not seeing the same behavior, but we'll run some more tests and be in touch via the other thread.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.