The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Freeze on Screen Lock (macOS)

R | Last updated: May 01, 2024 01:56PM UTC

Burp Suite Pro seems to lock up every time my screen lock activates. This is Ventura 13.4 running on M2 silicon with v2024.3.1.3 When resuming, the only button that works is close and then the confirm dialog shows which also works. The rest of Burp is not functional at all until restart. Please advise.

David | Last updated: May 02, 2024 05:34AM UTC

Hi There, I'm encountering almost similar issue. BurpSuite freeze every time I left BurpSuite (Idle) for a while. Sometimes I left it for few minutes or few hour. When I get back to BurpSuite, the only button that works is close and confirm dialog. In my scenario, just few extensions were loaded (1 or 2) and ram usage was normal around 500mb. I'm using latest version of Burp 2024.3.1.3, MacOs Ventura 13.4, M1 Silicon. Thanks

David | Last updated: May 02, 2024 05:40AM UTC

Hi There, Sorry, after observation and testing, I can confirm I have similar issue with original thread starter. Where the BurpSuite freeze every time my screen lock activates. Thanks

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 02, 2024 06:44AM UTC

Hi Both, Thank you for reporting your issue! David, we have received your email and will contact you shortly to obtain more information. We will continue the conversation via email as it is easier to send files and screenshots if necessary. R B, if you can, please email your diagnostics to support@portswigger.net; that would be great; thank you. You can find this by going through Help> Diagnostics.

Andrey | Last updated: Jun 26, 2024 12:17PM UTC

Hello, I have the same problem, is there a solution?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 27, 2024 07:18AM UTC

Hi Andrey, Can you please email support@portswigger.net with the following information: 1) A thread dump 2) Detailed list of all the steps you have taken before you encounter the freezing error 3) Your Burp diagnostics. You can find this by going through Help> Diagnostics.

ThibautB | Last updated: Jul 08, 2024 03:27PM UTC

Hello, Same problem here. Do you need me to send diagnosis info ?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 09, 2024 11:09AM UTC

Hi Can you send us the following, please? 1) A thread dump (this will hopefully give us some information on the lockup) 2) Detailed list of all the steps you have taken before you encounter the freezing error 3) Your Burp diagnostics. You can find this by going through Help> Diagnostics.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 18, 2024 10:30AM UTC

Hi Another user experiencing this issue resolved this by upgrading their OS to a newer version. If anyone else is experiencing this issue, even after an OS update, then please let us know.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.