Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Follow XDG directory specification

Bartosz | Last updated: Nov 15, 2020 09:09PM UTC

Hello, I would like the developers of the Burp Suite to consider implementing XDG directory specification in order to remove unnecessary $HOME clutter. By storing config, cache and user data under $XDG_CONFIG_HOME $XDG_CACHE_HOME and $XDG_DATA_HOME ($HOME/.config | $HOME/.cache | $HOME/.local/share by default) and creating a fallback to $HOME if XDG directories are not present, you allow users to properly manage their dotfiles and give them any choice on whether to follow the already widely used standard or not. This does not takes a lot of work codewise and can be useful to a lot of people. For information regarding the XDG specs follow the below link: https://specifications.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html Thank you in advance, Bartosz

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 18, 2020 04:06PM UTC

Hi Bartosz Thank you for your feedback! We will continue to monitor this forum thread to determine the popularity of this request. By doing this, we can better prioritize our development for the community.

eccal | Last updated: Mar 04, 2021 02:29PM UTC

Hello, I'd also love to see this implemented! Hope this happens, eccal

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 10, 2021 11:27AM UTC

Thank you for your feedback, we've added your plus one to our ongoing feature request!

Maciej | Last updated: Jun 08, 2022 08:32PM UTC

+1 on this request, please implement.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 09, 2022 08:38AM UTC

Hi Maciej, I've added your +1 :)

Anti | Last updated: Jul 29, 2022 06:40AM UTC

+1 on this request, please resolve. In addition, please do not leak password in client_certificates section in .BurpSuite/UserConfigPro.json file.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 29, 2022 09:41AM UTC

Hi We've added your +1 to this ongoing feature request.

jarp01 | Last updated: Sep 21, 2022 03:52AM UTC

+1

Elizabeth | Last updated: Jan 09, 2023 03:50AM UTC

+1 from me

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 09, 2023 09:11AM UTC

Thanks for the feedback, your +1 has been added to our ongoing feature request.

Aaron | Last updated: May 28, 2023 02:35AM UTC

+1 from me!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.