Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

firefox 128 data not seen in burpsuite

Nimrod | Last updated: Jul 16, 2024 02:57AM UTC

I am running macbook with 14.5, firefox 128 and burpsuite community v2024.5.5 In Firefox i enable proxy 127.0.0.1 8081 and most sites aren't showing up in the proxy or target history If I use chrome, or the built in browser, it works fine. I even tried changing network.proxy.allow_hijacking_localhost to true and still nothing One thing I did notice is that the id in the proxy history skips. So maybe it is seeing the traffic, i'm just not seeing it in the history. no filters are enable and scoping is black. Anyone have any ideas?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 16, 2024 03:59PM UTC

Hi

To clarify, you do not see any entries in your Proxy History table. However, when proxying traffic from a different browser, the number of the item in the table reflects the amount of traffic that should have come through from Firefox.

If you take a look at your site map, have items that have been proxied from Firefox been added to the site structure?

If in the Proxy History tab, you change your filter settings to "Bambda mode" with "return true;" as your Bambda, do you see any of the traffic?

Nimrod | Last updated: Jul 28, 2024 03:42PM UTC

you do not see any entries in your Proxy History table. Correct, I see limited entries in Proxy History table. when proxying traffic from a different browser, the number of the item in the table reflects the amount of traffic that should have come through from Firefox. Correct, when i use Chrome or Safari or the built-in Chromium browsers, and visit the same sites, i see all the information If you take a look at your site map, have items that have been proxied from Firefox been added to the site structure? in firefox, the sitemap is not capturing anything If in the Proxy History tab, you change your filter settings to "Bambda mode" with "return true;" as your Bambda, do you see any of the traffic? already set to true, no new traffic coming in with firefox

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 29, 2024 12:16PM UTC

Can you drop us an email at support@portswigger.net with your diagnostics information? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp. We'll look into trying to replicate this behavior and see if we've had any exceptions reported for your installation.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.