Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Figure out why a Burp Suite Enterprise scan failed

Glenn | Last updated: May 21, 2021 12:23PM UTC

We have a few Burp Suite Enterprise scans that fail after they have run for a few hours and have found a number of items. They complete some times but fail other time. One of them is https://nj3bse1.mathematica.net:8079/scans/2923?scanGridFilter=failed&tab=details. It ran for 1 day and 0h and failed with an error of "Scan not progressing". We are running this as a scheduled job and are using Burp Suite Enterprise Version: 2021.3.1-6427, Java version: 9.0.4 Is there a way of seeing why it was not progressing? Thanks, Glenn

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 21, 2021 02:37PM UTC

Hi Glenn Thanks for getting in touch. It would be good to take a closer look at some of the log files for the scans where this has happened. Would you be happy to email the scan event log and scan debug log to support@portswigger.net so we can look through them for you? If possible it would also be good to see the Support pack logs for the time period when the scan was completed. Were any other scans running at the same time as this one? Is this a scan you've recently set up or has it been working in the past and only recently started displaying this behavior?

Glenn | Last updated: May 21, 2021 03:17PM UTC

First this scan has completed other times in the past. It has been setup for a number of months. We do run other scans at the same time as this one. We have 10 agents that run our scans if that is of any help. I have sent the log files I think you have requested. I will not be around this weekend so If you need something else, I will handle it first thing Monday morning.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.