Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Failed to create Burp project Invalid SortKey

Bill | Last updated: Oct 29, 2021 02:47PM UTC

Windows 10 64Bit - Burp Suite Pro v2021.9.1 Corrupt Burp Project? Not too sure what happened, the project was being saved and reopened without any issues. Then this morning, when I closed Burp Suite Pro down for a reboot, relaunched Burp Suite Pro and opened the saved project, two errors were encountered: 1. Failed to create Burp project Invalid SortKey 2. Dashboard's event log reports it failed to delete a temp directory file in C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\burp12503784248263652159.tmp. Tried running Burp as admin, still got same error. Tried manually deleted an .tmp Burp files in target location, still got same error. If I try to use Burp with the reported errors for the target project, areas of Burp is not working, like Intruder fails to run, etc. I tried relaunching Burp Suite Pro, open the project with extensions unchecked and using default Burp Options and continued to receive the same error message. Any ideas?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 01, 2021 10:34AM UTC

Hi Could you drop us an email at support@portswigger.net with your diagnostics information? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp - this can be done on either a fresh temporary project file or a project that you can open.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.