Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Facing issues accessing labs

Sampurna | Last updated: Apr 23, 2023 04:41AM UTC

ID.web-security-academy.net took tooo long to respond ERR_TIMED_OUT tried relaunching multiple times yesterday and today too but still showing the same.

NaveenkumarB | Last updated: Apr 23, 2023 05:34AM UTC

I am also facing the same issue.. This site can’t be reachedportswigger.net took too long to respond. Try: Checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall Running Windows Network Diagnostics ERR_TIMED_OUT

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 24, 2023 01:13PM UTC

Hi Are you still experiencing this issue? Is this issue occurring in a specific browser, or does it happen in multiple browsers?

Inform | Last updated: Apr 24, 2023 04:04PM UTC

Having the same issue in the Burp browser

Andriy | Last updated: Apr 24, 2023 07:42PM UTC

Same issue in the Burp Suite browser. I use recent Community edition (v2023.3.5) - I open Web Security Academy and cannot launch any labs. Seems that some requests are redirected to my default system browser for some reason. Same if I click Web Security Academy on the startup page of Burp Suite browser. Academy page is getting open in default system browser instead of Burp Suite browser.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 26, 2023 08:12AM UTC

Hi Could you tell me the OS that you are using Burp on? If you copy the URL for the lab that timed out when you tried to open it, close all Burp browser windows, reopen one Burp browser, and paste the URL in, does it still time out?

mckay | Last updated: Apr 26, 2023 04:50PM UTC

Hello, I am having this same issue with Burp Browser. I am using Windows 10 ver 21H2. I have updated and restarted Burp Suite, and have restarted my computer. The issue persists. I have the same issue when trying to access forum.portswigger.net on Burp Browser. I am able to connect to labs and the forum using vanilla Chrome. I am unable to post to the forums when using Chrome. I can post using Edge.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 28, 2023 08:58AM UTC

Hi mckay When launching the labs, have you tried the alternative method I mentioned above, where you copy the lab URL back into the browser after closing and reopening Burp's browser? Did that result in the lab loading successfully, or did it still fail?

mckay | Last updated: May 01, 2023 04:16PM UTC

The lab loaded successfully after doing that.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 02, 2023 08:17AM UTC

Thanks for trying that! We're still looking into this issue, but you can use that as a workaround for now. You could also try launching the lab from a different browser, then copying and pasting the lab URL into the Burp browser.

jimmate | Last updated: Jun 13, 2023 02:12PM UTC

thanks for this thread, have been pulling my hair out (even though I have none) for the last hour trying to fix this, thankfully just pasting the URL into a new burp browser after closing the old one worked.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.