Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

External Scan Agent Disconnected

Wall, | Last updated: Oct 05, 2022 09:14AM UTC

Hi, A scan agent on an external server was showing as disconnected in Burp Suite when I logged on to check, this morning. I restarted the external agent service and now the error in Burp Suite shows - "An unexpected error occurred. If this problem persists, please contact support@portswigger.net." Please can you advise? Kind regards Chris

Wall, | Last updated: Oct 05, 2022 09:19AM UTC

Hi, I have an update, the error right after I restart the service say the external agent cannot connect to database. However, this has been working fine for the past week when I installed the external agent. Thanks Chris

Wall, | Last updated: Oct 05, 2022 09:45AM UTC

Version: 2022.8-10583 (5 scan license) Enterprise / Web Server Windows Server 2022 C: 200 GB D: 50 GB 8 vCPU 24 GB RAM 2 scan limit External Agent Windows Server 2016 C: 100GB D: 150GB 14 vCPU 26GB RAM 3 scan limit External SQL Database

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 05, 2022 11:46AM UTC

Thanks for your message, Chris. Could you email us (support@portswigger.net) with the following: - Scanning machine logs (Settings > Scanning machines > Click on the machine that performed the scan > Download logs) - Support Pack ("?" help menu > Support Pack > Set maximum date range > Download) - Screenshot of your Diagnostics page.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.