Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Extension.

Ahmed | Last updated: Apr 03, 2023 12:03PM UTC

When i installed a python extension i am getting the error below: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 1, in <module> OSError: (22, 'Invalid argument', 'C:\\Users\\[***]?\\AppData\\Roaming\\BurpSuite\\bapps\\444407b96d9c4de0adb7aed89e826122') at org.python.core.Py.OSError(Py.java:133) at org.python.modules.posix.PosixModule.absolutePath(PosixModule.java:1343) at org.python.modules.posix.PosixModule.chdir(PosixModule.java:300) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) at org.python.core.PyReflectedFunction.__call__(PyReflectedFunction.java:190) at org.python.core.PyReflectedFunction.__call__(PyReflectedFunction.java:208) at org.python.core.PyObject.__call__(PyObject.java:461) at org.python.core.PyObject.__call__(PyObject.java:465) at org.python.pycode._pyx2.f$0(<string>:1) at org.python.pycode._pyx2.call_function(<string>) at org.python.core.PyTableCode.call(PyTableCode.java:173) at org.python.core.PyCode.call(PyCode.java:18) at org.python.core.Py.runCode(Py.java:1703) at org.python.core.Py.exec(Py.java:1747) at org.python.util.PythonInterpreter.exec(PythonInterpreter.java:268) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) at burp.g_k.X(Unknown Source) at burp.ykm.m(Unknown Source) at burp.rb8.i(Unknown Source) at burp.y96.lambda$panelLoaded$0(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) I think the problem is caused by jython. It cannot handle non-ascii characters. My Windows username contains non-ascii characters. I cannot change the username. Even if I can change the username, the folder name will probably stay the same. Is there any way to install extensions to a folder of my choosing? Or how can i solve this problem?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 03, 2023 01:01PM UTC

Hi Could you try changing your temporary file location, then restart Burp. That should change the folder that your extensions get saved to. You can find this option by going to "Settings > Search > Temporary files location". Alternatively, you can download the BApp file directly from the site (https://portswigger.net/bappstore), and place it in a folder of your choosing. After that, you can use "Extensions > BApp Sote > Manual install" to specify the location of the file.

Ahmed | Last updated: Apr 03, 2023 05:28PM UTC

Changing "Temporary files location" didn't work. Burp still downloads the extension to the default path. However, manually installation solved my problem. Thanks for the help :)

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 04, 2023 09:04AM UTC

I'm glad the manual installation helped! If there's anything else we can help with, then please let us know.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.