Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Exporting scan reports using carbonator

Kalpesh | Last updated: Jul 08, 2015 12:48PM UTC

Hi Guys, I have pro license for burp and I am using carbonator to automate my scan on windows. But as soon as the scan finishes, burp shuts down and I am unable to export the reports of scanner. Could you guys please let me know if there is any way to export the results in .html using the carbonator. Thanks in advance -Kalpesh

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 08, 2015 03:12PM UTC

Per the documentation, the Carbonator extension should generate a scan report automatically: https://pro.portswigger.net/bappstore/ShowBappDetails.aspx?uuid=e3a26fff8e1d401dade52f3a8d42d06b I would suggest looking in your working directory or the location of the Burp JAR file to see if a report has been saved there. Please note that BApps are created by third parties and we aren't able to investigate any problems with them.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 19, 2016 09:52AM UTC

Hi, There isn't a command line switch to change the Collaborator report format. However, a simple code change could do this. Let me know if you need any help with that.

Burp User | Last updated: May 10, 2018 04:56AM UTC

Hi guys, I'm currently running on Linux VM and successfully performed the automation process using the Carbonator. However, would it be possible to have an output report in XML file while using the Carbonator? - I.A.L

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 15, 2018 12:33PM UTC

Hi Paul Johnston, Please could you let me know how to generate the xml report and what are the modifications to be performed. - Karun

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 15, 2018 12:36PM UTC

Hi Karun, Can I recommend you try Headless Burp as this allows you to specify the report type in the configuration: - https://portswigger.net/bappstore/d54b11f7af3c4dfeb6b81fb5db72e381 If you want to use Carbonator, you need to edit the code on line 60: - https://github.com/PortSwigger/carbonator/blob/master/carbonator.py

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 15, 2018 12:48PM UTC

Thanks Paul for the quick response, can we do as below to get both html and xml reports? self.generateReport('HTML') self.generateReport('XML')

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 15, 2018 12:55PM UTC

Hi Karun, Yes, as far as I'm aware that will work fine.

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 15, 2018 01:12PM UTC

Thanks again Paul, will give it a try and post back here.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 15, 2018 01:13PM UTC

Great - glad you got it working.

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 17, 2018 04:09PM UTC

Yes Paul it worked for me however we need to write something like below. self.generateReport('XML') self.generateReport1('HTML') and repeat both the methods as below: def generateReport(self, format): if format != 'XML': format = 'HTML' file_name = 'IntegrisSecurity_Carbonator_'+self.scheme+'_'+self.fqdn+'_'+str(self.port)+'.'+format.lower() self._callbacks.generateScanReport(format,self.scanner_results,File(file_name)) time.sleep(5) return def generateReport1(self, format): if format != 'XML': format = 'HTML' file_name = 'IntegrisSecurity_Carbonator_'+self.scheme+'_'+self.fqdn+'_'+str(self.port)+'.'+format.lower() self._callbacks.generateScanReport(format,self.scanner_results,File(file_name)) time.sleep(5) return

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.