Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Export searched data from proxy history

Paul | Last updated: Nov 14, 2023 01:54PM UTC

I'd like to have a feature where you can search proxy history and export the results to a file. Something along the lines of grep with regex support to save off specific data. I see with Bambdas released, that this might work as well. Looking at the most recent Bambdas blog post, there is a clip showing how to find roles within JWT claims. Can an option be added to export all the roles (just the roles) found in proxy history? I hope that makes sense. Thank you.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 15, 2023 12:05PM UTC

Hi We will be expanding where you can use Bambdas soon so you will be able to use them from the Logger tab (where you can export requests and responses to CSV). After that, we will also be looking to add a feature that will allow you to use Bambdas to create custom columns so this might help you. Right now, you would need to create a custom extension to decode the JWTs, extract the role, and log it to a file. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Paul | Last updated: Nov 15, 2023 04:32PM UTC

The new feature of creating a custom column sounds like it could do what I want. I will be on the lookout for it. Thank you.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.