Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Excessively large project files on early adopter branch

James | Last updated: Aug 04, 2021 08:32PM UTC

I recently switched to the burp early adopter branch. Ever since then my project file disk usage has become impossibly large, taking approximately an order of magnitude more disk space than before switching. I've tried turning off the new logger feature but that doesn't help. I can't think of any legitimate reason why the project file could be so big. It happens even when I'm not using the active scanner.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 05, 2021 09:15AM UTC

Hi James, Thank you for your message. Can you please email support@portswigger.net with the information below? - Steps to replicate the issue, ideally with screenshots and a screen recording, and diagnostics (Help > Diagnostics) - Do you have any extensions enabled? Does the issue persist with all extensions disabled? - Can you confirm that you are using a disk-based project file? - Are there specific tools that trigger this increase in disk space usage? E.g. are you running multiple Intruder attacks? Scans? - How large is the project file? Can you please share it?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.