Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Excel Macro & Burp

MichalB | Last updated: May 28, 2024 10:28AM UTC

Hello, I would like to ask if it is possible to intercept requests made from Excel using Burp? I use Windows 11, and I have tried to set the proxy in: Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings. However it doesn't work. I didn't interecept any request. Here is the code of my testing macro: Private Sub cmdKirimGET_Click() Dim strResult As String Dim objHTTP As Object Dim URL As String Set objHTTP = CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1") URL = " https://google.com" objHTTP.Open "GET", URL, False objHTTP.setRequestHeader "User-Agent", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)" objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" objHTTP.send ("keyword=php") strResult = objHTTP.responseText Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A11:A11") = strResult End Sub Thank you in advance.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 29, 2024 07:39AM UTC

Hi When you set the system proxy in Control Panel, what did you set? Were you setting Burp as the system proxy? Will your Excel macro be sending requests to a specific set of hosts or will these vary?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.