Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Established connection aborted by the software

Simon | Last updated: May 05, 2020 07:05AM UTC

I constantly have a problem whereby items in the HTTP history tab are not displaying in the site map. I can surf my target web application and the HTTP proxy tab populates with all the requests. However, only a handful of the initial ones appear in the site map. I have checked the following: a) Filters. It's 100% not a filtering issue. I always set them to 'Show All' every time I start Burp and then filter out unwanted items. b) Live Audit Proxy. This is on by default and I always leave it that way (I manually switch off Live Passive Crawl). The Dashboard shows the following error: 'An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine' However, this error seems sporadic and requests still come through to the HTTP history after the error displays. This is highly frustrating as I can never be sure that I have an accurate site map and keep having to check the HTTP history/browser for potential missing requests.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 05, 2020 07:48AM UTC

Thanks for this report, Simon. Would it be possible to provide screenshots of the HTTP history tab and HTTP proxy tab demonstrating the issue?

Simon | Last updated: May 05, 2020 09:16AM UTC

Sure, how? There's no attachment button and drag and drop doesn't work. Using MS Edge browser.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 05, 2020 10:10AM UTC

If the forum feature isn't working in another browser, could you email support@portswigger.net? Thanks.

Simon | Last updated: May 05, 2020 10:55AM UTC

Thanks, done

Simon | Last updated: May 05, 2020 10:55AM UTC

Thanks, done

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 05, 2020 12:15PM UTC

Thanks Simon.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.