Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Escaping Help

Jason | Last updated: Mar 07, 2015 02:02AM UTC

Hi, Not sure if this should fall under "Bug Reports" or "Feature Requests" so please move if needed. Anyway, when looking at Burp's built in help (by clicking on the "?" mark) it pops up in a small window. I can not find a way to close this window. Instead I have to click on the icon in the top right hand corner to "Show full help" and then close it. I know this is pretty minor, but I would like a way to close the window when it is still small. Thanks!

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 09, 2015 11:36AM UTC

The contextual help was intended to be a quick popup that automatically disappears without the user needing to close it. If you click on any focusable component within Burp (e.g. a text field, HTTP message viewer, button, etc.) then this should trigger the popup window to close. Let us know if that isn't working, and we can add an explicit "Close" button on the popup.

Burp User | Last updated: Mar 13, 2015 08:25PM UTC

I'd like a "Close" button. For example, there's no focusable area in "Scanner / Live scanning".

Burp User | Last updated: Mar 13, 2015 08:32PM UTC

And why not a keyboard shortcut like "Escape"...

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 16, 2015 09:29AM UTC

Ok fair enough. We'll revisit this feature in the next minor update and provide an easy way to always close the popup.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.