Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Error: Skipping current scanner checks

ARPIT | Last updated: Nov 21, 2022 07:46AM UTC

Hi Team, I have added one URL to one scan. The scanner crawls multiple locations successfully. In auditing, the passive phases checks are successful as well. But in the active phases, where we have five of them: 1, 2 are failing continuously since they are in red & 3,4,5 are greyed out. Hence, in the status it is giving information as: "Errors: Skipping current scanner checks. Too many consecutive "request timeout" errors have occurred. This made my application locked. Hence, I paused the scan. In my audit settings I have also customized "Handling applications during audit" section, where in I kept everything as blank & there were just 3 follow-up passes to retry failed operations. Can you help on the above error. Kind Regards, Arpit Lahoti

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 21, 2022 10:59AM UTC

Hi Is your application locking because it has been sent too many requests? Have you tried adjusting your resource pool configuration so that Burp sends fewer requests to your web server? This is one of the options available when you configure a scan. Could you try dropping the concurrent request limit to 2 and see if that improves your scan? Please note that this will increase the length of time that Burp will take to scan your site.

ARPIT | Last updated: Nov 21, 2022 01:00PM UTC

The application is locking because of multiple failed requests. I tried dropping the concurrent request limit to 2 and I am getting "error: recorded sequence replayer failed." Again, the active phases: 1 is red. I have stopped the scan.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 21, 2022 02:04PM UTC

Hi If you replay your recorded login sequence, does it complete successfully? Could you drop us an email at support@portswigger.net with your diagnostics information? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp.

ARPIT | Last updated: Nov 22, 2022 09:47AM UTC

The login sequence is running & completing successfully. The diagnostics information contains sensitive information & due to secured workplace I cannot share the details in an email. However, could we please find a way to connect through a meeting & I can show you the diagnostics details. Please suggest.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 23, 2022 01:55PM UTC

Hi Unfortunately, our support service is offered via email and public forum. We are not able to arrange a call. Can you send us some screenshots of your issue to support@portswigger.net? Feel free to redact any sensitive information. If you could also send us the "Burp Properties" section of your Diagnostics, that would also be helpful.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.