Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Error saving a copy with extension data

Tyler | Last updated: Aug 30, 2023 06:54AM UTC

Hi, When I attempt to save a copy of a project with the extension data I get this error: Unable to save project data to the file /{FILEPATH}.burp: Cannot invoke "java.lang. Long longValue" because the return value of "java.util.Map$Entry get Valued" is null I am loading Burp from the terminal but there is nothing printed nor the extension errors to help troubleshoot this. I did notice reloading the project that some of the persistence data was missing and reset to 0 counts, so not sure if this is related. Is there any way to troubleshoot this were more detailed error messages? Thank you.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 30, 2023 08:12AM UTC

Hi Is this happening with all project files or just a specific one? Which version of Burp are you using, and which OS? Which version of Java are you using when you launch Burp? Could you send a screenshot of the messages you see when reloading the project to support@portswigger.net, please?

Tyler | Last updated: Aug 30, 2023 09:55AM UTC

This is the first project I have had this issue, although a colleague has also had the issue. I should also say we are both using a custom extension I built that uses Montoya Persistence which may be causing the issue. I'm using v2023.9.1-22617 early adopter on MacOS (M1 chip) I'm using Java 19.0.2 Screenshot sent. Thanks for your help!

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 30, 2023 10:17AM UTC

Thanks for the update :) We've got your email, so we'll take a look and be in touch soon.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.