Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Error running IPRotate burp extension

Karan | Last updated: May 20, 2023 09:47AM UTC

Hi people, I'm trying to use IPRotate burp extension to rotate my IP addresses but I'm having some issue using this. First I set up standalone Jython v2.7.3, then boto3 then installed IP Rotate extension from burp suite. Added Access Key & Secret Key > domain (api.ipify.org) Save Keys > Enable. Extension also turns green signal saying extension is enabled but my IP was not changing. So I removed extension from bWAPP and downloaded git repository (https://github.com/RhinoSecurityLabs/IPRotate_Burp_Extension), Went to Extensions > Add (ext type: Python) > Selected IPRotate.py from the downloaded repository (C:\Users\KaranKumarChaudhary\Documents\backendFiles\IPRotate\IPRotate.py). But when I load it gives me error saying "('Unable to import boto3, create API Gateway manually using createapigw.py script, and load them from file.', ImportError('No module named boto3',))" Even though it loads and turns green saying 'Enabled' but does not work. Other things which I tried: - pip install -r requirements.txt (to download all modules) I know there is something missing in createapigw.py, for which I tried finding solution online but was not able to.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 22, 2023 08:04AM UTC

Hi When you installed the extension from the BApp Store, how did you verify that your IP did not change? Did you check your outgoing requests in the "Logger" tab?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.