Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Error running Burp in QEMU

Blaise | Last updated: Aug 16, 2018 02:48AM UTC

I've encountered this issue with two different virtual machines. One that I imported from VMWare and one I spun up from scratch. It appears that the graphics interaction for the JRE packaged with Burp Pro. The default configuration of Burp Community does appear to work, as well as using OpenJDK to launch Pro. Below is a copy of the Error that shows up. root@kali:~# /opt/BurpSuitePro/BurpSuitePro java.lang.RuntimeException: cannot load system cursor: CopyDrop.32x32 at sun.awt.X11.XToolkit.lazilyLoadDesktopProperty(XToolkit.java:1541) at java.awt.Toolkit.getDesktopProperty(Toolkit.java:1803) at java.awt.dnd.DragSource.load(DragSource.java:131) at java.awt.dnd.DragSource.<clinit>(DragSource.java:148) at burp.bhb.a(Unknown Source) at burp.ohb.<init>(Unknown Source) at burp.cwe.a(Unknown Source) at burp.udf.a(Unknown Source) at burp.udf.doInBackground(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) Caused by: java.awt.AWTException: Exception: class java.lang.IllegalArgumentException Width (0) and height (0) must be non-zero occurred while creating cursor CopyDrop.32x32 at java.awt.Cursor.getSystemCustomCursor(Cursor.java:363) at sun.awt.X11.XToolkit.lazilyLoadDesktopProperty(XToolkit.java:1539) ... 14 more

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 16, 2018 10:38AM UTC

Just to clarify, you are only experiencing this issue with platform installer versions of Burp? Would it be possible to send you Burp diagnostics to support@portswigger.net? (Help > Diagnostics).

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 16, 2018 02:49PM UTC

Liam, Yes it's with the version installed using a fresh download of the linux .sh installer. I can't even get to the diagnostics menu, the error occurs as soon as I try to create a project and click "Start Burp". Here is a short gif I recorded for the error: https://puu.sh/Bfd32/24f203f0c7.gif

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 17, 2018 10:46AM UTC

Hi Blaise, Thanks for providing the gif, it demonstrates the problem well. I think this may be the same bug mentioned here: - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41550929/cannot-load-system-cursor-copydrop-32x32-exception-in-java-on-centos-7 For now, please download the latest Java 1.8.xx version. You can then run Burp with a command like: java -jar /opt/BurpSuitePro/burpsuite_pro.jar Do let us know how you get on with this as we don't have a similar system here for testing.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 21, 2018 02:47AM UTC

Paul, I backed up the pre-package JRE and moved JRE 1.8 in its place and everything it working great now, thanks for the suggestion!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.