Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Error "Request was dropped by the user" in Custom tab while using Burp extender

Siddharth | Last updated: Aug 13, 2019 03:50PM UTC

Hi, I am new to building burp plugin, I have implemented a message editor, but when I toggle the interceptor on and off, I get an error in the text editor itself: Error: "le>Burp Suite Professional</title> <style type="text/css"> body { background: #dedede; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: #404042; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; } #container { padding: 0 15px; margin: 10px auto; background-color: #ffffff; } a { word-wrap: break-word; } a:link, a:visited { color: #e06228; text-decoration: none; } a:hover, a:active { color: #404042; text-decoration: underline; } h1 { font-size: 1.6em; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; color: #404042; } h2 { font-size: 1.3em; line-height: 1.2em; padding: 0; margin: 0.8em 0 0.3em 0; font-weight: normal; color: #404042;} .title, .navbar { color: #ffffff; background: #e06228; padding: 10px 15px; margin: 0 -15px 10px -15px; overflow: hidden; } .title h1 { color: #ffffff; padding: 0; margin: 0; font-size: 1.8em; } div.navbar {position: absolute; top: 18px; right: 25px;}div.navbar ul {list-style-type: none; margin: 0; padding: 0;} div.navbar li {display: inline; margi-left: 20px;} div.navbar a {color: white; padding: 10px} div.navbar a:hover, div.navbar a:active {text-decoration: none; background: #404042;} </style> </head> <body> <div id="container"> <div class="title"><h1>Burp Suite Professional</h1></div> <h1>Error</h1><p>Request was dropped by user.</p> <p> </p> </div> </body> </html>" Also when I leave the interceptor on and forward each request individually, things work fine. It would be great if you can provide any insights, as to what I might be doing wrong. Thanks.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 14, 2019 11:10AM UTC

We have a bit of a backlog in terms of Extensions issues. Please accept our apologies, we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Mike, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 15, 2019 07:48AM UTC

Would you be able to provide an example of the code that is setting the message in your message editor? It could be that your editor is displaying error messages from other components by mistake.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 15, 2019 02:39PM UTC

Hi, I would like to add a little more detail, the plugin is decoding a custom protocol, the problem occurs when the interceptor is toggled on and off, Burp crashes with the error provided above, unable to click the Raw in proxy and gets stuck on the Custom Tab. Thank You.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.