Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

error in connecting burp with ios device

sanchi | Last updated: Sep 18, 2019 08:33AM UTC

I am facing an error in connecting burpsuite with ios device . I have downloaded certificate and configured laptop with ios device successfully but still i am NOT ABLE TO INTERCEPT TRAFFIC. KINDLY HELP ME ASAP

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 18, 2019 01:36PM UTC

Which version of iOS are you using? Are you encountering an error when you are unable to intercept traffic? Are you trying to proxy traffic using the device's native browser or an app?

Burp User | Last updated: Sep 19, 2019 07:06AM UTC

i am using ios version 12.1. No i am not able to encounter any error. I have tried both to proxy traffic, safari web browser and app . none of them are working. I am facing the same issue with android too. I am not able to intercept traffic at all in burpsuite with android and ios both.

Burp User | Last updated: Sep 20, 2019 12:44AM UTC

I'm having issues using iOS 12.0.1 on iPhone 8. Installed the root cert, enabled trust slider, and can load http://example.com just fine, but not SSL sites.

Burp User | Last updated: Sep 20, 2019 12:50AM UTC

I've realized I had Intercept on, and needed to click forward on the Intercept tab in order to load the response. Can now load SSL, though it's quite a bit slower than usual. Hope this helps another newbie.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 20, 2019 01:32PM UTC

Thanks for letting us know.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.