Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Error

Mariam | Last updated: Apr 19, 2021 06:56PM UTC

My Burp Suit was working normally and then once I closed and opened it again I get this message "No JVM could be found on your system Please define(Exe4j_Java_Home)" What could I do?? Help..

Mariam | Last updated: Apr 19, 2021 07:07PM UTC

Kindly note I am using the community edition .

Mariam | Last updated: Apr 19, 2021 07:22PM UTC

And I don't have a java.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 20, 2021 08:35AM UTC

Hi Mariam, What version of Burp are you using? Are you using the platform version or the JAR? Can you please try installing Java 9 or above on your machine and point the Exe4j_Java_Home environment variable to the executable?

Gauger, | Last updated: Apr 21, 2021 07:00PM UTC

This exact same thing just happened to me, and I have the pro version. It was working just fine yesterday, and earlier today.

Gauger, | Last updated: Apr 21, 2021 09:18PM UTC

Ok, I just re-installed my burp pro. When the install exe noticed I already had it installed it asked if I wanted to update the current version, I chose that option. AFter I did the reinstall, my burp opened just fine. I mentioned this to a co-worker who has the community version, and he told me he had to reinstall burp today too, so we're wondering if there was a update gremlin or something going on.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 22, 2021 07:11AM UTC

Hi Tracy, This has not been reported widely so it is quite odd. Can you please provide some replication steps if you can consistently replicate this? Please share them with support@portswigger.net For Mariam's issue, it looks like the global definition of the Exe4j_Java_Home variable became lost.

Mariam | Last updated: Apr 29, 2021 08:36PM UTC

Sorry for the late update , and thanks Gauger I did the exact thing and it solved the problem. What I think happened is that when I tried installing it again the one I already had got repaired(by filling the missing folders) . Thank you all for the help and support ... such a great community!

CHANG | Last updated: May 14, 2021 03:28AM UTC

I ignored the update and restart the burp. Then I got the same issue above. I'm not sure if skip update causes the problem. But reinstall burp did solve the problem.

Dave | Last updated: May 17, 2021 12:54PM UTC

Had same problem... Was working all day, maxed out CPU usage so i killed it, then it wouldn't open again. Downloading from the portswigger account page and updating the existing installation fixed it.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 17, 2021 01:59PM UTC

If anyone else experiences this issue, can you please send steps to replicate to support@portswigger.net along with diagnostics?

Andriu | Last updated: Jun 17, 2021 12:21PM UTC

It happened to me today. Had to reinstall Burp Pro because it suddenly did not start anymore, just got the missing JVM message. No diagnostics, sorry.

neuroticAI | Last updated: Dec 02, 2021 10:07PM UTC

Had same problem today, all of a sudden it stopped working

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 07, 2021 09:02AM UTC

Can everyone who experiences this issue please email support@portswigger.net with: - The OS you have installed Burp on - Diagnostics (Help > Diagnostics) taken after the issue has been replicated - Steps to replicate or a screen recording demonstrating the issue - Whether you are using the standalone JAR or platform version

Chris | Last updated: Dec 09, 2021 03:25PM UTC

Hi, I have had this today as well, saw this as i am currently looking for the fix. I too had been getting update is ready messages had been delaying it. The error is a dialogue box on startup so wont allow you to open the program to adjust settings. Windows 10, standalone version. I have emailed in the error dialogue box image to the support address.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 09, 2021 07:45PM UTC

@Chris, thanks for reporting the issue. Our development team is aware of it so we will update this thread if/when a fix is implemented.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.