Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Error: Connection refused

allen | Last updated: Sep 30, 2020 10:21PM UTC

New to Burp Suite and using the Community version. I am a web application developer wanting to learn how to test web applications for security. I am using Burp’s embedded browser with default settings. When intercepting GET request to a ASP.NET MVC web application I built I get the following result. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GET /home/index HTTP/1.1 Host: 10.200.200.42 Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1 User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/85.0.4183.83 Safari/537.36 Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9 Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.9 Connection: close ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Then when I click the FORWARD button to forward the request to the web application I receive the following in the embedded browser. "Error Connection refused: connect" The same thing happens no matter what website I attempt to access or if I use Firefox browser for this same process. Below is the resulting data with Intercept turned off and attempting to route to http://pacificadultbaseball.com/ GET / HTTP/1.1 Host: pacificadultbaseball.com User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:80.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/80.0 Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8 Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5 Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate Connection: close Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1 When I route to http://burb I get the welcome to Burp notice. Why am I getting the "Connection refused: connect" error for all other sites?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 01, 2020 09:37AM UTC

Could you tell us a bit more about your setup, please? Which version of Burp do you have installed? Are you using an upstream proxy? Do you launch Burp via the CLI or do you use the installed version? Do you see any errors in the event log in the Burp Dashboard? When you use Firefox did you successfully install Burp's CA certificate in the browser?

allen | Last updated: Oct 01, 2020 03:38PM UTC

Version -- Community v2020.9.1 Lauched Burp using installed application. Dashboard event log info Proxy Proxy service started on 127.0.0.1:8080 Error Proxy [2]Communication error: 10.200.200.42 Error Proxy [2]Connection refused: connect Burp CA Certificate installed in Firefox

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 02, 2020 09:47AM UTC

Would you be happy to share a screen recording showing the steps you have taken to configure your proxy and also showing connecting to the site both with and without proxying via Burp to help us get a better understanding of what's happening? If so, could you email it to support@portswigger.net, please?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.