Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Enterprise Scan Results shows a warning like "Scan did not use embedded browser results may be incomplete"

SIVA | Last updated: Nov 21, 2021 05:27PM UTC

Once after the scan is completed, a notice icon is shown with a message "Scan did not use embedded browser, results may be incomplete" I have referred to the Burp Enterprise Documentation to enable Browser Powered Scanning. But I couldn't able to find the Crawling > Miscellaneous > Use embedded browser for crawl and audit option in my Dashboard. Enterprise Version : 2021.8.1

Maia, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 22, 2021 11:19AM UTC

Hi, The 'Crawling > Miscellaneous > Use embedded browser for crawl and audit' option can be found in the scan configuration. To access the scan configurations from the dashboard you need to go to Settings (cog icon) and then click Scan Configurations. From here you can create a new scan configuration with the embedded browser option enabled. In order to use the new configuration with your scan, you can either select it when scheduling your scan each time or set it as a default scan configuration for your site. If you still have issues with browser-powered scanning after enabling this option then please refer to the rest of the troubleshooting section in the link below: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/enterprise/working/scans/browser-powered

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.