Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

[Enterprise] Can't add Agent from UI

Fort, | Last updated: Nov 04, 2020 06:35PM UTC

I just re-installed an Agent and got this lovely message Created agent with fingerprint: [long string] Note this fingerprint and verify that it matches the authorization request on the Agents page of the web UI. Starting Enterprise Agent service ... Waiting for Enterprise Server to start ... Setup has finished installing a Burp Suite Enterprise Edition Agent on your computer. Make sure to authorize the agent on the Agents page. However, there are no pending agents in the UI. Any ideas?

Fort, | Last updated: Nov 04, 2020 09:08PM UTC

Forgot to add I can telnet each way on port 8072

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 05, 2020 11:01AM UTC

Hi Chris, Are you able to send an email to support@portswigger.net and attach your agent.config file (which will be under enterpriseAgent/2020.10.1-5542/agent.config in your installation directory). There should also be an installation.log file within the installation directory (and then under the .install4j subdirectory) - can you send us that as well please?

Fort, | Last updated: Nov 05, 2020 03:28PM UTC

Thanks for your reply. After some digging it looks like I unable to proceed with my configuration (agents talking to server via ALB). The health checks were failing so the server was not in rotation, but I failed to notice. Having said that, does Burp Suite Enterprise support running multiple instances of Server for HA/DR purposes?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 06, 2020 02:35PM UTC

Hi Chris, We do not currently support high availability by design - we deemed that Burp Suite was not business critical, in the sense that an amount of downtime whilst recovery takes place can be tolerated. We do recommend taking a regular db backup so data can be recovered. One other thing to note is that the Enterprise Server license can only be installed on one server. If you were in a situation where you had to re-install the Enterprise Server you would need to contact our licensing team. If you wanted to have a second server running Enterprise ready to take over then this would require an additional Enterprise Server license.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.