Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Enable color on text instead of all black/white when using IMessageEditorTab interface?

amarionette | Last updated: Sep 20, 2022 09:56PM UTC

This is the tab that I can add to Burps built int HTTP Request/Response editor. It appears to be black and white by default and I want to highlight, bold, or add color to the parameters.

amarionette | Last updated: Sep 20, 2022 09:56PM UTC

createTextEditor()

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 21, 2022 09:15AM UTC

createMessageEditor() should have automatic syntax highlighting. If you want to add your own formatting to data, then you may want to look at a different type of text box, like RSyntaxTextArea. If a BApp Store extension has similar functionality, you could see how they've achieved this by checking out their code. All BApp Store extensions have their code publicly available on GitHub here: https://github.com/PortSwigger

godfuzz3r | Last updated: Sep 05, 2023 03:14PM UTC

createMessageEditor() adds a new tab menu below the existing one. Is there a way to get around this behaviour?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 05, 2023 03:42PM UTC

You could use a different library, like RSyntaxTextArea to perform your own syntax highlighting. We have a feature request to add some functionality in this area to the Montoya API, to which I have added your +1.

godfuzz3r | Last updated: Sep 05, 2023 05:54PM UTC

Yes, it would be nice if the Burp API would allow extension developers to use the built-in "Pretty" feature (which in request/response tab) that Burp already has.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.