Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

En-/disable interception from browser

Stephan | Last updated: Jul 29, 2021 07:47AM UTC

Hi guys! Would it be possible to develop a browser extension, which allows controlling the interception? Thanks!

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 29, 2021 02:24PM UTC

Thanks for your message. Can you tell us more about your workflow so we can understand your use case a bit better, please? Are you looking for a quick way to go to the Proxy -> Intercept tab and change the Intercept On/Off setting?

Stephan | Last updated: Jul 30, 2021 05:54AM UTC

Hi Michelle! Thanks for getting back to me. My workflow would be to, e.g., enter something into a form, which is being filtered on the client-side, then activating the interception (maybe via a keyboard shortcut in the browser), issuing the request by sending the form and then manipulating it within burp. This way, it would not be neccesary to switch back and forth between browser and burp just to enable interception. Is that understandable?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 30, 2021 11:49AM UTC

Hi Thanks for the explanation :-) I don't think this is something we've had any requests for before. You could potentially make use of the current keyboard shortcuts Alt+Tab and Ctrl+T to switch to Burp and toggle the interception which might suit your workflow so you're not having to interrupt typing in the form with using the mouse. Another idea is whether editing the client intercept rules could help in this situation. So, for example, you could have Intercept turned on but maybe configure the rules so only the URLs for the forms you are interested in are intercepted, would that help?

Stephan | Last updated: Aug 02, 2021 08:34AM UTC

Hmm, I don't think that really solves my issue. Granted, I can use keyboard shortcuts. But still, I would need to switch back and forth between burp and the browser.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 03, 2021 10:36AM UTC

Thanks for the feedback, we’ll discuss this with the team.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.