Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Embedded browser error

Abbadon | Last updated: Dec 12, 2019 07:54AM UTC

Hi, when I want to render HTML of a server response in the embeded browser, it crashes. The health check shows the following error: Initiating health check Checking platform supported Success Checking browser binaries Success Checking embedded browser dependencies Success Creating embedded browser documentation window Error Aborting checks due to errors. Server failed to start. Server ERR: Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 111: check_match: Assertion `version->filename == NULL || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)' failed! I'm on Burp 2.1.06 with OpenJDK 11.0.4 (11.0.4+11-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04.3) on Ubuntu 18.04. Is this a known bug?

Mike, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 12, 2019 08:48AM UTC

Hi Abbadon, while this isn't a known issue we are currently troubleshooting this with another user who is encountering a similar issue. Have you updated your Burp Suite installation recently?

Mike, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 12, 2019 08:53AM UTC

Fair enough, that has been a consistent factor between users that have reported this issue. As a workaround, this thread contains solutions that have resolved this type of issue for users in the past: https://support.portswigger.net/customer/portal/questions/17573933-embedded-browser-initialization-failed If you could try them and let us know if that resolves your issue that would be helpful to our investigation.

Burp User | Last updated: Dec 16, 2019 08:25AM UTC

Hi Mike, I don't really have an installation. I'm using the JAR file (java -jar ...).

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.