Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Docker for Burp Pro

Gabriel | Last updated: May 27, 2020 09:21AM UTC

Hi, I have a Burp Pro jar file and I want to run it in a docker container. I have comped the ~/.java/.userPrefs/burp/prefs.xml to my container, but I still get: Burp will now attempt to contact the license server and activate your license. This will require Internet access. NOTE: license activations are monitored. If you perform too many activations, further activations for this license may be prevented. Enter preferred activation method (o=online activation; m=manual activation; r=re-enter license key) when I try to run the jar file. How can I provide an already activated license to the container?

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 27, 2020 10:49AM UTC

Hi, It might be better if you create your own docker image by activating an instance of Burp Suite within an image and then committing a new layer so that you can use that image in the future.

Gabriel | Last updated: Jun 02, 2020 06:52AM UTC

I think it is also possible to copy the ~/.java/.userPrefs/burp/prefs.xml from the activated docker to my host and use it further for all the other docker builds.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 02, 2020 07:41AM UTC

Thank you for sharing!

SKLEPARIS | Last updated: Jan 25, 2021 07:30PM UTC

Can you please provide instruction on how you did that? Because I was testing it as well following a guide I found online and my license just got invalid :/

David | Last updated: May 20, 2021 10:21AM UTC

Hi, I would like to know if there would be problems with the license of burp suite PRO y I have one docker image activated, and i start multiples instances of this image at the same time. Regards

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 20, 2021 10:25AM UTC

Hi David, That is not something we have tested. Can you try it out and let us know if it works?

David | Last updated: May 20, 2021 02:35PM UTC

Hi, I will try to create the docker image with burp pro activated, and test if it has any problems. I hope my burp pro account does not get banned for this. :( Regards

Chandrapal | Last updated: May 26, 2021 01:13PM UTC

I have documented Burp Suite activation in Docker container here: https://burpsuite.guide/blog/activate-burpsuite-inside-docker-container/ I hope this helps you :)

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.