Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Difference between Firefox and Chrome in CORS labs

Aleksandr | Last updated: Oct 26, 2023 06:42AM UTC

Hello, I'll try to keep this short and precise. Let's open lab "CORS vulnerability with trusted null origin" and use the provided solution on exploit server. Now let's try it in chrome. We log in, open the /exploit link. We see as expected: GET exploitserv/exploit GET lab/accountDetails (valid cookies are sent) GET exploitserv/log?key=... Everything works as expected. When we try this in firefox, we get GET exploitserv/exploit GET lab/accountDetails (session cookie is either empty, or set to different value then actual user session. If we manually go to the lab site -> My account everything still works. But XMLHttpRequest() in exploit fails) Why it happens, where can I read about it? Thank you

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 27, 2023 10:55AM UTC

Hi Aleksandr, Let me check this with the team and get back to you.

Max | Last updated: Feb 22, 2024 02:22PM UTC

I have the same issue, that the exploit only works in Chrome 119, but not in Firefox 115 nor Chromium Burp Browser. Please take a look at this issue as I am sure this may cause some frustration.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 23, 2024 09:41AM UTC

Hi Max, Out of interest, if you deliver the exploit do you actually still see the victim users API key in the Access Logs within the Exploit Server?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.