Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Delete specific request from Burp's proxy history using my custom plugin

AmroO | Last updated: Jan 25, 2023 02:38PM UTC

Hello, Is there a Burpsuite API that could be used to manipulate (or just delete) a specific request/response in the proxy history tab? Appreciate your support

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 25, 2023 06:13PM UTC

Hi, The API does not have this functionality. There are multiple places in which a request could reside - Proxy History, Site Map, Repeater, etc, so it would be quite difficult to locate each request. You could set up your "Target > Scope" and exclude your sensitive requests from being added to the Site Map in the first place? Additionally, when saving a copy of a project file, you can choose to only include in-scope items. It is possible to write an extension to exclude items from the scope (Scope.excludeFromScope()).

Leon | Last updated: Jun 07, 2023 12:45AM UTC

I've noticed that if a request is sent with a file upload of more than a certain size BurpSuite just becomes unresponsive when the request is selected in Proxy History, what I need is a way to remove these from the history without having to resort to using my backup file.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 07, 2023 12:46PM UTC

Hi Leon, How big are the requests in question? Are you wanting the requests not to be in Burp at all or are you simply looking to filter them from view in the HTTP history?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.