Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Database transfer error

MSD | Last updated: Jun 06, 2020 05:57AM UTC

Hi, I am trying to tranfer database from embedded to external MSSQL. I followed the steps mentioned here - https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/enterprise/getting-started/setup-ext-db I was able to create the databse / users on the MSSQL server. After I provided the jdbc string, the setup ran fine from start but failed in the end with this error below. I do not see the "burp_agent" user listed in your documentation while running sql query initially. Could you please advise ? 2020-06-05 22:44:18 INFO liquibase.changelog.ChangeSet - Custom SQL executed [main] 2020-06-05 22:44:18 INFO liquibase.executor.jvm.JdbcExecutor - GRANT EXECUTE ON OBJECT::dbo.find_scan_status TO burp_agent [main] 2020-06-05 22:44:18 ERROR liquibase.changelog.ChangeSet - Change Set true::find_scan_status_mssql::PortSwigger failed. Error: Cannot find the user 'burp_agent', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. [Failed SQL: (15151) GRANT EXECUTE ON OBJECT::dbo.find_scan_status TO burp_agent] [main] 2020-06-05 22:44:18 INFO liquibase.executor.jvm.JdbcExecutor - select schema_name() [main] 2020-06-05 22:44:18 INFO l.lockservice.StandardLockService - Successfully released change log lock [main] net.portswigger.enterprise.database.transfer.r: liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set true::find_scan_status_mssql::PortSwigger: Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Cannot find the user 'burp_agent', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. [Failed SQL: (15151) GRANT EXECUTE ON OBJECT::dbo.find_scan_status TO burp_agent] at net.portswigger.enterprise.database.transfer.n.a(Unknown Source) at net.portswigger.enterprise.database.transfer.m.run(Unknown Source) at net.portswigger.enterprise.database.transfer.DatabaseTransferMain.main(Unknown Source) Caused by: liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set true::find_scan_status_mssql::PortSwigger: Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Cannot find the user 'burp_agent', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. [Failed SQL: (15151) GRANT EXECUTE ON OBJECT::dbo.find_scan_status TO burp_agent]

MSD | Last updated: Jun 06, 2020 05:58AM UTC

In addition, I am using MSSQL 2019 as the destination host

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 08, 2020 02:16PM UTC

We're aware that this documentation needs updating. We'll update this thread when the work is complete. In the meantime, I've requested that the team provide a solution. I'll update you ASAP.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 09, 2020 12:50PM UTC

We think you need to create burp_agent on your database rather than beagent that we have mentioned on the documentation page. Let us know if this works and apologies for the inconvenience.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.