Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Customizing my TAB

Amit | Last updated: Dec 29, 2015 09:58AM UTC

Hey, I was writing my first extension with the aim to encrypt the selected responses to md5/sha1/etc based on user selection. Based on the custom logger extension example in the blog, I made my new tab with display and all but I am not able to control the GUI Feature of the tab. JTabbedPane tabs = new JTabbedPane(); requestViewer = callbacks.createMessageEditor(BurpExtender.this, false); responseViewer = callbacks.createMessageEditor(BurpExtender.this, false); tabs.addTab("Request", requestViewer.getComponent()); tabs.addTab("Response", responseViewer.getComponent()); tabs.addTab("Encrypted",null); splitPane.setRightComponent(tabs); Can you please suggest how to Use the GUI feature to add nested panes and options in the Encrypted Tab as it does not have any .getComponent 2) Also based on the Custom Logger example I wanted to build add menu items/checkbox/radio buttons but I was not able to get any clue on how to proceed. SwingUtilities.invokeLater(new Runnable() { @Override public void run() { // main split pane splitPane = new JSplitPane(JSplitPane.VERTICAL_SPLIT); // table of log entries Table logTable = new Table(BurpExtender.this); JScrollPane scrollPane = new JScrollPane(logTable); splitPane.setLeftComponent(scrollPane);

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 30, 2015 10:25AM UTC

It sounds like you need to look at some basic tutorials on building Swing UIs. Use those to figure out how to build the UI you want (with checkboxes etc.) and then use Burp's API in the way that the Custom Logger extension does to add your tab to Burp's UI.

Burp User | Last updated: Dec 30, 2015 10:39AM UTC

Thank you Dafydd. I was able to implement my job.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.