Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Ctrl + A-Z doesn't work in Proxy and Repeater

K | Last updated: Feb 15, 2023 02:15PM UTC

Hi! I've got an issue when hotkeys like copy/paste don't work in some tabs (like Proxy, Repeater and Settings) but work in other tabs (like Decoder). There are similar topics on the forum, but the only root cause I saw there was empty hotkeys configuration which is not the case for me. In the same time, ctrl + 1-9 work fine, which leads to assumption that there are some keymap shenanigans. Didn't research it deeply, but seems so, because I've solved the issue by resetting to defaults dconf's /org/gnome/desktop/input-sources/sources (from "[('xkb', 'ru'), ('xkb', 'us')]" to "[('xkb', 'us'), ('xkb', 'ru')]"). Shortcuts worked with non-default settings in other applications (and tabs), so I guess it's a bug. Ubuntu 22.04, Burp Suite Pro v2023.1.2

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 15, 2023 04:16PM UTC

Thanks for your message. Do you know which version you were using before v2023.1.2 (i.e., the last version where this successfully worked for you without making any changes to /org/gnome/desktop/input-sources/sources)?

K | Last updated: Feb 15, 2023 04:31PM UTC

I can only say that 2022.12.6 had this bug too. Can't remember version where hotkeys worked properly, sorry. I'm not even sure if this worked after keymap changes at all.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 16, 2023 11:40AM UTC

If you keep /org/gnome/desktop/input-sources/sources set to "[('xkb', 'us'), ('xkb', 'ru')]", do you have any problems? Does it always break if you change this back to "[('xkb', 'ru'), ('xkb', 'us')]"? If you use older versions of Burp with the setting "[('xkb', 'ru'), ('xkb', 'us')]" does it work?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.