Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Crawler internal state tree accessibility (and other things)

PMwxVLDHhy6oiP | Last updated: Mar 16, 2021 09:54AM UTC

Dear PortSwigger support, I was wondering whether it is possible to access the internal tree that the crawler maintains during a crawl. I'm referring to the state trees described in this blog post: https://portswigger.net/blog/web-application-cartography-mapping-out-burp-suites-crawler I would like to visualy present the tree that the crawler walks. Although it is of course possible to keep track of the request the crawler makes in a linear fashion (with only one thread and via Logger++ for example), information is lost about the tree structure. In addition, it would be very interesting to see the choices the crawler makes when crawler. I have searched through documentation and the sample projects. I'm using Burp Professional v2021.2.1.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 16, 2021 04:19PM UTC

Thanks for your message. We do have an option to show the crawl in a headed browser so you can watch the crawler navigating around the target website in real-time, would this help to provide the information you are looking for? This can be enabled in the Crawl configuration under the Miscellaneous section.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.