Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Crawl was configured to use a browser, but a browser could not be started. Falling back to non browser based navigation

Erik | Last updated: Mar 23, 2021 10:42AM UTC

I have installed Burp Suite Professional on a Kali Linux. I installed this yesterday on a VMWare workstation instance. Everything is the latest version. When I try to run a crawl/audit, the crawl starts with but throws this error "Crawl was configured to use a browser, but a browser could not be started. Falling back to non browser based navigation" - I have 9 GB of RAM and 2 CPU cores assigned. - The health check is successful - I DO NOT run Burp suite as root - The browser does start when I manually start it from within Burp. -

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 23, 2021 11:18AM UTC

Hi Erik,

Can you please email support@portswigger.net with the information below?

• Diagnostics (Help > Diagnostics)
  • If you manually launch the browser at the command line like below, do you see any errors? Can you share a screenshot of that in your email?

/home/burpsuite/.BurpSuite/burpbrowser/<chrome version>/chrome —headless —remote-debugging-port=0

• Can you share a screenshot of 'ls -la' in the /home/burpsuite/.BurpSuite/burpbrowser/<chrome version> directory?

Erik | Last updated: Mar 23, 2021 12:33PM UTC

Mail sent...

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.